Friday, July 17, 2009

San Frantastic!

At the last minute we decided to go to San Francisco for our 6 year anniversary. We haven't ever gone anywhere for our anniversary so we were way excited. Both of our parents offered to watch the boys so we had 3 whole nights without them. We decided San Francisco seemed like a great place to go because it has lots of sights and it's not really a place that you would want to take you little ones. I am pretty sure that we saw everything that there is to see there and I have the blisters and leg muscles to prove it! We figured that we walked 5 to 7 miles a day, but it doesn't seem that far when you are in good company until later!
Anyways, we went to Alcatraz, Fishermans Wharf, Pier 49, Golden Gate Bridge and Park, Little Italy, China Town, the Ferry Building, Ghiardelli Square, Union Square, and everywhere in between! We had so much fun and I took a ton of pictures, but I narrowed to down to 10 so this didn't get to long!
Thank you to everyone that helped make this last minute trip possible! And Thank You especially to our parents for watching our crazy boys!


A view of the city from the ferry boat.
Beautiful!

Alcatraz was so amazing and I am so glad we got
a chance to experience it. The first day we got
to San Francisco I tried to book tickets and they
were sold out until Monday and we were leaving
on Sunday. I was so dissapointed but I had a plan.
We stood in front of the line with a sign asking for
tickets and it worked! We found a nice family that
had 2 extra tickets that they sold to us! It was
awsome!

Ty on the ferry boat on the way to
Alcatraz Island in the background.

Ty in one of the solitary confinement
cells.

Me inside of one of the cells.


Us on the boat before we went under the bridge.
Nice hair right?!

One of my many pictures or the Golden Gate
Bridge. We went on a boat tour that took us
under the bridge and it was amazing!

The two of us in front of an awsome fountain by the
ferry tower. We went there on Saturday to the
farmers market and had a blast!

Ty on what I believe is the only beach posing
with a very old sail boat... I can't remember how old!

On Pier 49 looking out at the sea lions... so cute!

4 comments:

  1. How fun! I love San Fran. Congrats on getting away for some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, this must be why I haven't seen you in so long. you have been all over the place, and it looks like you are having a blast! I am jealous that you went to San Fran. I have never been there, and it is on my list of places to travel :) Anyways good for you and Tyson for getting away and having some alone time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you all have been busy! Grandpa Mike is the best that fort rocks! I didn't like San Fran when I went, sounds like I need to do a re-do! Looks fun! Hopefully we can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love San Francisco!!! We randomly went there one time and had a blast. We were lucky enough to go on a night tour of Alcatraz it was such a blast. Looks like you had so much fun. Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete