Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sleding and Snowfort

On Wednesday the snow was perfect for play. We first went sledding at a hill near our house. Camden loves sledding and this year he was brave enough to go down the hill all by himself. He was so cute and did such a good job hauling his sled up the hill all on his own. This was Gavins first time sledding and he also loved it! He went down a few times with Ty and when we would take him off the sled all he did was cry. He had fun playing in the snow while Cam went sledding though. Both of them took a face plant in the snow at least once and they still kept going!
After we got home Gav was exhausted but Cam wanted to keep playing. Since he and his dad had already plowed ours and 7 other neighbors driveways (Cam is obsessed with the snow plow on the four wheeler and wanted Ty to keep going!) they decided to build a snow cave. I didn't think it was possible, but never doubt an eagle scout. After an hour or 2 they had a huge snow fort built right in my front yard. Cam loves it and Ty assures me it is safe because he took a blow torch to the inside (which to me doesn't sound safer but apparently it makes it have a hard shell!).
We had an awesome day! Now that I have kids to watch enjoy the snow I guess it's not that bad... or at least it's bearable!




Cam in his snow fort

After his first trip down the hill


Cam after his face plant. I asked him if he wanted
to go home and through the tears he replied "no,
I wanna go again!"



Lovin' the snow!



Cam at the bottom... apparently he doesn't
want to be bugged by mom!

Headed up the hill... so cute!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you guys had a good Christmas! That was nice of Santa to come a day early :)

    I love the snow fort, and am super impressed with Tyson's Boy Scout skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I need to have a boy so Todd can do man stuff like build snow forts... Anyways, I though I needed to tell you that you are such a fun girl and I am stoked that working out has brought us together. haha. And, Happy Birthday Tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete