Thursday, December 2, 2010

Advent Calendar!

I had been looking for an advent calendar this year that I could put my own treats in. I found a few, but every time I went to buy one at the store they were so beat up and broken. I then decided that maybe if I ordered it online it would be in a lot better shape. But, wait a minute, if they look that bad just sitting in the store... what is it going to look like after my boys get there hand on it? Well, after doing a bit of research I decided to make my own. I am not a very creative person, but here is how it turned out! My boys love it and I am actually pretty proud of it myself! I can't take all the credit though... I stole the idea off of jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com . This website is one of my favorite recipe sites... you should definitely check it out sometime!

So, the calendar is actually a 24ct mini cupcake
pan and individually decorated squares with
flat magnet sheets glued to the back. Very
easy to make!
I put small treats and mini ornaments in each
cup that the boys open each morning! They get
so excited to peel off the magnet each day and
see whats inside!

1 comment:

  1. Sheena! I LOVE this idea....I think I may have to steal it from you next year and make one. Did you laminate the squares? Jungle Gyms looks like it was a blast. I am laughing because I think I may have gone with you to Brannon's birthday and that is the one and only time I was there too! Um.....we need to get together soon! Katy misses you guys!

    ReplyDelete