Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My Green Thumb!

I decided to grow a garden from seed this year and it has turned out very well. I have a large garden area, so I was really excited to see how it would turn out... so far so good! I planted 2 rows of carrots, 1 row of broccoli, 1 row of cauliflower, 1 row of onions, 1 row of lettuce, 1 row of radishes, 1 row of red potatoes, and 1 row of Yukon gold potatoes. Add that to my rhubarb, raspberries and strawberries and you would think that would be enough right? Wrong! I also have another garden area the same size as this one on the other side of my yard that has cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, tomatoes, squash, zucchini, pumpkins, 4 green pepper plants, jalapenos, and cilantro... I think I may have gone a bit over board! Oh well, we will be eating healthy and my kids have enjoyed watching everything grow!


radishes

some of my rows!
the rest of the rows with the rhubarb in the back!

2 comments: